NEW DAWN FADES
music + culture + random odd stuff from the mind of a fortysomething
18.5.05
Light Resister

... is the name of this painting by Jane Harris, currently on show at Hales Gallery in London. Jane is an extremely textural and sensitive painter and I absolutely adore her work - in fact the first work of art I ever bought was by Jane. Though it's obviously a bad career anecdote, I always love that she was kind of dropped from a big london gallery by the owner on the pretext that her work was too 'girly'. Her drawings are fantastic too - dense and thick on one hand, and shimmery at the same time. Due to work pressures I've not been to her show yet, but it's on till June 4th and I will report further when I finally get there. Posted by Hello
Ian MacMillan's Facebook profile
Powered by WebRing.