NEW DAWN FADES
music + culture + random odd stuff from the mind of a fortysomething
25.6.05
Die Mensch Maschine

Kraftwerk
Originally uploaded by IanMac1.
It's been a while since I posted. I promise it's going to be more regular now though. I'm starting with this purely as it's on my desktop right now. It means I can mention two things in one post. Firstly, the Kraftwerk live CD Minimum-Maximum. The very idea of a Kraftwerk live CD seems ludicrous. Though their recent tour shows were probably the highlights of my concert-going life, they were not exactly Cheap Trick Live At The Budokan. But this CD rocks - the sound is extraordinary, and close listening does reveal some of the sound manipulation they're obviously doing live on those laptops on stage.
The image here comes from a series by the amazingly talented Craig Robinson - another devotee of the Werk. His site Flip Flop Flyin has been a source of amusement for years, but he now has a very regular blog where he is much more sardonic and makes light, often quite catty, observations on human life. Read it immediately here.
1 Comments:
Blogger hitch said...
The link isn't there. How are you going to show me how to do this when you can't do it yourself?

Ian MacMillan's Facebook profile
Powered by WebRing.